Evolve your grilled cheese palette with these Apple brie sandwiches.
- Artisan bread (we use ciabatta rolls from Wal-Mart)
- Brie cheese spread
- Granny Smith apple
- Toast the bread for a few minutes to give it a little firmness for easier spreading. Also allow the brie to warm to room temperature for the same reason.
- Slice the apple in 1/16 of an inch thick slices.
- Spread the brie on both insides of the bread.
- Add enough apple slices to the bottom bread add some crunch and contrast to the bread.
- Add the top slice of bread on top of the apple slices.
If you have extra apple, you can continue slicing and make “apple fries” as a side to go along with your sandwich.
1 large apple tends to make 4 sandwiches. 1 brie wedge tends to make 1 sandwich.